Chocolat author Joanne Harris to host talk in Woodbridge
- Credit: PA
Prize-winning novellist and author of the Whitbread-shortlisted novel and Oscar-nominated film, ‘Chocolat’, Joanne Harris will be introducing her latest book ‘The Strawberry Thief’ at Woodbridge Library on Friday April 5.
The event is being staged in conjunction with Browsers Bookshop in Woodbridge Thoroughfare and will be hosted by Catherine Larner who runs regular ‘author Q&A’ events at the bookshop.
Joanne will be in conversation with Catherine describing the events surrounding the latest instalment of the Chocolat saga.
Vianne Rocher and Rosette are happily running the chocolate shop in the square until life is disrupted by the death of the florist, Narcisse and a mysterious new shop opens in town.
Joanne Harris was born in Barnsley in 1964, of a French mother and an English father. She studied Modern and Mediaeval Languages at Cambridge and was a teacher for 15 years, during which time she published three novels, including Chocolat (1999), which was made into an Oscar-nominated film starring Juliette Binoche.
You may also want to watch:
Since publishing Chocolat, Joanne has written 15 more novels, two novellas, two collections of short stories and a Dr Who novella, as well as the libretti for two short operas, several screenplays, a musical and three cookbooks.
Tickets are £20 including a copy of ‘The Strawberry Thief’. One additional ticket can be purchased for £12 without the book. Call Browsers Bookshop 01394 388890.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'