Author to sign copies of new historical fantasy novel
- Credit: Archant
An author will sign copies of his new historical fantasy novel which plays out in the shadows of the Great Wall of China.
Justin Newland will be at Waterstones in Bury St Edmunds on Wednesday, February 13, from 11am-3pm, to sign copies of his second novel entitled The Old Dragon’s Head.
Set in the year 1400, the book unfolds during the 15-day period of the Chinese New Year, culminating in the famous Lantern Festival.
After a career in IT, Essex-born Mr Newland wrote his debut novel – The Genes of Isis – in 2006, which was set in ancient Egypt.
He is currently working on a novel set in East Prussia during the Enlightenment in the 18th-century which speculates on an alternative beginning to the Industrial Revolution.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Newland, who lives in Somerset, writes historical fiction with a supernatural twist, and his novels explore the underlying narrative to cultures and nations.
For further information, visit www.waterstones.com/bookshops/bury-st-edmunds
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 4 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 5 Mike Bacon: 'Be careful what you wish for' - But we've been proved right, we saw this coming years ago
- 6 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 8 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk
For more on the author, visit www.justinnewland.com