Author to sign copies of new historical fantasy novel
- Credit: Archant
An author will sign copies of his new historical fantasy novel which plays out in the shadows of the Great Wall of China.
Justin Newland will be at Waterstones in Bury St Edmunds on Wednesday, February 13, from 11am-3pm, to sign copies of his second novel entitled The Old Dragon’s Head.
Set in the year 1400, the book unfolds during the 15-day period of the Chinese New Year, culminating in the famous Lantern Festival.
After a career in IT, Essex-born Mr Newland wrote his debut novel – The Genes of Isis – in 2006, which was set in ancient Egypt.
He is currently working on a novel set in East Prussia during the Enlightenment in the 18th-century which speculates on an alternative beginning to the Industrial Revolution.
Mr Newland, who lives in Somerset, writes historical fiction with a supernatural twist, and his novels explore the underlying narrative to cultures and nations.
For further information, visit www.waterstones.com/bookshops/bury-st-edmunds
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 3 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 4 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 5 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 6 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 7 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 8 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Suffolk mass vaccination centre wants to jab 10,000 amid Omicron concern
- 10 55 projects identified in major plans to transform transport
For more on the author, visit www.justinnewland.com