Opportunity to quiz Babergh council leaders at ‘Question Time’ event
- Credit: Archant
People will have the opportunity to quiz council leaders at another public ‘Question Time’ event in Lavenham.
The leader and deputy leader of Babergh District Council will answer questions about the authority’s work at the event, which takes place at Lavenham Village Hall on Saturday, August 18, between 10am-noon.
The event follows success of similar sessions in Sudbury, Hadleigh, Shotley and Bures. Future events are being planned in Glemsford, East Bergholt and Great Cornard.
John Ward, leader of Babergh District Council, said: “I’m really looking forward to speaking with people in Lavenham.
“Our Question Time events have had a great response so far, and it’s been an opportunity not only for residents to put a human face to the council but also for us as councillors to learn more about the concerns our residents have.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve already learned a lot and we’ve helped answer a lot of questions, and we can’t wait to do so again in Lavenham.”
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 A14 ‘reopening soon’ after serious crash causes overnight closure
- 10 Two cars set alight in two different streets