Baby remembrance service to be held in Clacton-on-Sea
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Families who have lost a baby during pregnancy or around the time of giving birth are invited to attend a special remembrance service in Essex.
The commemoration, led by the Colchester General Hospital chaplains, will take place on Tuesday, May 15 at St James Parish Church in Clacton-on-Sea at 7.30pm and will last about 40 minutes.
It will include hymns, prayers, music and an opportunity for parents to take part in a candle-lighting ceremony in memory of their baby.
Afterwards, parents will have a chance to talk informally with each other and with members of the trust’s chaplaincy and maternity teams.
Chaplain at Colchester Hospital, Hilary Platts, said: “The service is for parents, who have lost a child as a result of a miscarriage, stillbirth or shortly after the birth of their baby, whether that loss was recent or many years – or even decades – ago.
You may also want to watch:
“Families can join together so their baby can be remembered and we can support each other in the journey of loss.
“The service is open to all who have been affected by the loss of a baby, including extended family and friends.”
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 4 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 5 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 6 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 9 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill
- 10 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
For more details, contact the chaplaincy team at Colchester General Hospital on 01206 742014.