Housing developer boss returned to building site as part of charity auction
- Credit: Archant
It was back to the building site for the Crest Nicholson managing director as he got his hands stuck in for charity.
Housing developer Crest Nicholson Eastern’s managing director, Peter Diffley, spent the day laying bricks and sweeping up at Aster Meadows in Red Lodge, Suffolk, in aid of children’s charity, Variety.
Peter’s building skills were auctioned off at the developer’s Christmas Ball last December, and local business SEH Ipswich were the highest bidders.
Donating a substantial £7,000 for Peter’s assistance, the East-Anglia based civil engineering firm employed Peter for the day, and gave him to assist with on-site tasks. Crest Nicholson and the local engineering firm have worked together on a number of projects in the past.
The money raised from the charity auction last Christmas has been donated to the developer’s chosen corporate charity, Variety, that supports disadvantaged children and their families across the country.
You may also want to watch:
The donation forms part of Crest Nicholson’s long-standing relationship with Variety, as over the last ten years Crest Nicholson has donated almost £800,000 to the charity.
Crest Nicholson’s Eastern division alone raised £52,252.25 at their annual Ball and a charity golf day earlier this year.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 3 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 4 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker in Cavendish
- 8 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 9 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 10 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
Peter Diffley, managing director at Crest Nicholson Eastern, said: “I would like to thank the team at SEH Ipswich for their incredibly generous donation, and for allowing me to help out today! The money raised from this donation will go towards vital equipment and support for those that need it most.
“Variety does such a fantastic job for disadvantaged children across the UK, and we’re proud to offer our continued support for them.”