Take a look inside the new Bargain Buys store in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Discount store Bargain Buys has opened its doors in the town with over £3,000 worth of giveaways for the first customers.
The new store, owned by Poundstretcher, opened on Tuesday at the Rosehill Centre in Felixstowe Road and sells a range of homeware, toiletries and food and drink.
To celebrate the opening there was a ribbon-cutting with the mayor of Ipswich Jane Riley and games, quizzes and prizes on offer.
The first five customers also had the chance to receive a faux leather double bed for £19.99 and the next 175 could get a washable rug for £4.99.
Gerry Loughran, property director at Bargain Buys, said: “We are pleased to be opening a brand new store to the people of Ipswich with loads of fantastic branded products, all at bargain prices, and look forward to opening another 50 stores over the coming months, creating over 1,000 jobs.”
You may also want to watch:
“The team is working hard to deliver an outstanding shopping experience, great service, and an enjoyable shopping environment for all our new customers.”
The new store is part of a major £4 million expansion plan at the Rosehill Retail Centre, owned by the East of England Co-op, which also includes the expansion of Aldi into a larger unit, Greggs and énergie Fitness gym.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 9 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 10 'They have big dreams... we're in great hands' - Town favourite Yallop on his links to new US owners