Traditional Turkish barbers opening in town’s former Boots store
- Credit: OMER KAPLAN
A 21-year-old is launching his own barbershop in the old Boots store in the heart of Hadleigh High Street when the lockdown comes to an end.
Omer Kaplan, 21, has been a barber for more than four years and is making the finishing touches to his very own barbershop, Istanbul Barbers Hadleigh, which is due to open next week.
The barbers will take the place of the former Boots store in 91 High Street, opposite The King’s Head pub, which has been vacant since it closed permanently in August.
MORE: Former Boots store in Hadleigh comes under offerMr Kaplan is new to Hadleigh, but has family living nearby, who told him about the retail space which was up for rent.
“This is the first time I’m opening up a business or doing anything like this,” said Mr Kaplan.
“My relatives told me about this retail space, so I thought I would try to open up a shop over here. Hadleigh is a really nice town and there isn’t too much competition.
You may also want to watch:
“I hope it goes well, it’s really exciting but a bit scary too.”
Mr Kaplan has received a positive reception on Facebook about the opening, and said he is “excited” to get going.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 6 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
He said: “I have been saving up ever since I could whilst I’ve been working as a barber, but I always wanted to try and open up my own business.
“The shop front is great as everyone can see it. It is right in front of a roundabout and pretty much anyone going through Hadleigh is going to spot it.”
Istanbul Barbers Hadleigh will officially open its doors on Wednesday, with two or three barbers working for the time-being, with plans to expand its offering in the future.
Inside the barber shop there is a classic interior, with wood-finish on the units and open brick walls. It will offer everything from traditional Turkish grooming to more contemporary cuts, including hair cuts, beard trims, shaves, hot towels and hot waxes.
The shop will be open six days a week, closing on Mondays, offering just walk-ins at the moment but introducing appointments in the future.
Mr Kaplan is also offering a £2 discount on any services for the first week of opening.