Barn blaze on Felixstowe Road in Nacton causes concern as smoke drifts towards A14 and rail line
- Credit: Archant
A blaze at a barn which contained 45 gallons of heating oil was controlled by fire fighters this afternoon.
Three fire engines attended the incident at Route Farm on Felixstowe Road in Nacton opposite the Shepherd and Dog pub at 1.30pm following multiple calls by members of the public.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk County Council said: “The fire service has been in touch with the owner and there is nothing to say that anyone has been injured or was inside.”
Suffolk police were called by the fire service at 1.45pm to warn that there was potential for smoke to drift across to the A14, however after assessment, officers did not attend.
Network Rail was also informed because of its proximity to the railway line. Engineers attended the incident to access the possibility of disruption to the line.
The fire was extinguished by 3pm.
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 3 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 4 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 5 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 7 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss
- 9 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 10 Charlton Athletic 2-0 Ipswich Town: Limp Blues soundly beaten