Three fire crews battle barn blaze
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews have spent more than two hours extinguishing a barn fire just south of Bury St Edmunds.
Two crews from Bury St Edmunds and one from Elmswell were sent to the barn fire in Bradfield St George shortly after 10am this morning.
On arrival at Maypole Green Farm, crews discovered a fire in a single storey barn measuring around 20m x 50m.
A spokesman for Suffolk County Fire and Rescue Service said: “The fire is now under control and no one was inside or is in any danger.
“There was straw and wood inside the barn and crews have extinguished the majority of the fire.
You may also want to watch:
“They remain on scene while they dampen down the area.”
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 6 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 8 Match Ratings: How Town players performed against Wednesday
- 9 Ipswich Town 1 Sheffield Wednesday 1: Late Chaplin goal grabs Town a point
- 10 'I felt we deserved to win' - Cook on 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday