Snoozing Barney wins latest round of sleeping dogs photo competition
- Credit: Contributed
With only just over two weeks until Suffolk Dog Day, this week’s winner of the #LetSleepingDogsLie photo competition is cool Cairn Terrier Cross Barney.
His winning picture shows him snuggled up in his favourite blanket, but owner Heidi Garnham says that Barney enjoys a ice cream in the hot weather too.
“Barney goes bonkers when he hears the chimes of the ice cream van,” she said.
“We’ve had him since he was a puppy and he goes everywhere with us, he especially loves playing with my son Ellis on the beach.
“He is our baby and we love him millions. We are so excited to win a family ticket to Suffolk Dog Day and can’t wait to take Barney to Helmingham Hall.’
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Dog Day is run by more than 150 volunteers, with over £500,000 raised for Suffolk Charites over the past decade.
It is hoped a further £65,000 will be raised this year for Suffolk Community Foundation’s grants programmes.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 5 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 9 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
- 10 Detective who trained generation of officers retires after 45 years
The event returns to Helmingham Hall on Sunday, July 29.
People can join in the #LetSleepingDogsLie competition by visiting www.SuffolkDog.com/Competition