Barton Mills: Witnesses wanted after fatal A11 crash between Fiveways and Elveden Forest
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating a fatal two-vehicle crash in Suffolk have renewed their appeal for information.
A man believed to be in his early 20s was killed when his silver BMW was in collision with a silver Toyota Corolla on the A11 at Barton Mills. It took place just north of Fiveways at around 1.45am yesterday.
The man, believed to be from Norfolk, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police are not releasing further details about him until formal identification has taken place. However, his next of kin have been informed.
The driver of the Toyota, a man in his 60s, was taken to West Suffolk Hospital with a broken sternum.
A stretch of the A11 road, north of Fiveways at Barton Mills, was closed and diversions were put in place while officers launched a collision investigation.
Highways Agency contractors carried out repair work and resurfaced the carriageway after the vehicles were recovered.
The road reopened at just before 5pm yesterday.
- 1 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 2 Needham Market 0 Ipswich Town 7: Chaplin nets hat-trick
- 3 McKenna: Pre-season results are not important
- 4 Suffolk second home owners could face Airbnb ban under crackdown
- 5 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 6 Matchday Live: Needham Market v Ipswich Town team news and updates
- 7 Road closed as emergency services attend two-vehicle crash
- 8 Rogue trader in white van visits homes in west Suffolk
- 9 Photo gallery: Needham Market v Ipswich Town
- 10 Town haven't taken option to sign Bakinson
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman added: “If you were driving along this stretch of road around the stated time and saw the vehicles either prior to or when the collision took place you are asked to call the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Suffolk Police on 101 quoting CAD 21 of 19/5/14.”