Bawdsey: Major fire destroys farmhouse
- Credit: Archant
FIREFIGHTERS from across east Suffolk were today at a major fire that destroyed a farmhouse.
Crews were called to the Bawdsey Farm Estate shortly before 6.30am, and after an initial assessment crews from as far away as Leiston and Ipswich were called in.
The manor house itself was not affected by the fire, but a building in the new development there was all but destroyed by fire.
It was unoccupied and no one was hurt in the blaze.
We would like to make it clear that the fire did not take place at the Alexanders International School on the Bawdsey Manor Estate.
The fire happened some distance away at the other side of the village at the Manor Farm Estate.
- 1 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 2 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 4 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 5 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 6 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 7 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 8 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries