BBC film crew spotted filming in Lowestoft
- Credit: Kyle Hudson-Harvey
A popular BBC One programme has been spotted being filming in Lowestoft this week.
People watched as an episode of Homes Under The Hammer was filmed in Salisbury Road in the town on Wednesday (November 24).
New presenter Tommy Walsh, who is best known for hosting Ground Force from 1997 until 2005, was seen on the street by eager neighbours.
Upon joining the show last year, Tommy Walsh told the BBC: “I’m looking forward to joining the Homes Under The Hammer team, and hope that my knowledge and experience will be a useful addition.
"I really enjoy the show and coincidentally the house I share with my family was purchased at auction and we all love it, so hopefully I can help both contributors and viewers with the choices they make too.”
Details of when the episode will be shown have not been released yet.
- 1 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 2 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 3 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 4 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 7 13 years behind bars for man who killed a dad out celebrating with family
- 8 Former Town defender McGreal returns to club in coaching role
- 9 Death of Sophie Riley was misadventure, inquest jury concludes
- 10 Friends speak of 'spiking' in market town and advise others: 'be careful'