BBC Radio Suffolk’s Mark Murphy speaks at Upbeat charity’s annual fundraising lunch
- Credit: Archant
BBC Radio Suffolk presenter Mark Murphy was guest speaker at a west Suffolk heart support charity’s annual lunch, which raised £2,000.
Upbeat, which is based in Bury St Edmunds and Long Melford, held the lunch at Stoke-by-Nayland Golf Club and 140 members attended.
As well as delivering a talk to members, Mr Murphy also presented a High Sheriff’s Award to charity chairman Sylvia Baker for her work with Upbeat.
Mr Murphy, who presents the weekday breakfast show as well as ‘Life’s a Pitch’ programme prior to Ipswich Town games, said: “What a great welcome I received from all the members who are clearly passionate about being part of Upbeat.
“I now know where to go if I need some help in the future.”
You may also want to watch:
Upbeat is a self-funding charity and for more information, contact 01449 774333 or 01359 232678.
Alternatively, visit www.upbeatheartsupport.org.uk
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 5 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship