Bear in fireman suit spotted in town
EAGLE-eyed shoppers were left stunned when they saw a man-sized bear dressed in a fireman’s uniform cycling through a Suffolk town.
The unusual sighting happened at about 10.30am in Bury St Edmunds town centre this morning.
The EADT can now reveal that the man beneath the bear costume was town fire fighter Paul Turner.
Mr Turner was cycling through the town on his way back to the town fire station.
He had been to the Greene King brewery in the town to pick up a crate of beer which the firm had offered up as a raffle prize for the fire station’s first ever “Eco Fair” which will be held on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Turner said he had ridden down to the brewery because it was environmentally friendly.
One passer-by who spotted Mr Turner said: “Well, there you go. I’ve seen it all now.”
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 6 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 7 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 10 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
The Eco Fair, which will include raffles, events and guest speakers – including zero-waste advocate Karen Cannard – will start at 10am and finish at 4pm on Saturday.