Beccles: Road closed near Beccles Farmers Market after two-car crash knocks telegraph pole down
TWO cars have collided, bringing down a telegraph pole in a Suffolk village today.
The accident happened shortly before 9.45am on the B1127, Benacre Road, in Ellough, near Beccles.
A Suffolk police spokesman said the road was closed between the junctions with Hulver Road and Copland Way.
He said as one of the vehicles tried to turn right, the collision happened, knocking the telegraph pole down.
The accident happened near Beccles heliport and farmers market.
You may also want to watch:
The cars involved were a silver Ford Mondeo and a green Fiat.
The police spokesman said ambulance crews were called. An 88-year-old man declined hospital treatment.
- 1 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 4 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 5 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 6 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 7 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 8 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 9 Teacher denies sexually assaulting two girls
- 10 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
An East of England Ambulance spokeswoman said his injuries were not serious.
The road reopened at 10.54am.