Beck Row: Five bailed following shooting drama
FIVE men have been released on police bail following
Police were called to a travellers’ site in Willow Park, Beck Row, near Mildenhall, at 7.15pm on Thursday to reports a vehicle had been shot at.
In the wake of the incident, in which nobody was injured, two men were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder.
A 42-year-old, from London, and a 39-year-old from Spain, were taken into custody for questioning.
In addition, three men were arrested in and around Beck Row.
You may also want to watch:
A 74-year-old, from the Mildenhall area, was arrested on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon.
A 28-year-old and a 38-year-old, both from the Mildenhall area, were arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 5 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 9 Comedian Jack Whitehall visits Suffolk's 'most incredible' Wilderness Reserve
- 10 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
The people involved in the inquiry are known to each other.
The shooting is being connected with two arsons reported earlier in the week in Beck Row.
Police later released all five on bail.
The 74-year-old man from the Mildenhall area is due to return to Bury St Edmunds police station on April 13.
The 28-year-old and 38-year-old from the Mildenhall area have been released on police bail until April 12.
The 39-year-old man from Spain and the 42-year-old from London have been released on police bail until April 14.
A spokeswoman for the police said: “The investigation is on-going and police continue to support the local community in Beck Row.”