Beck Row man charged in connection with attempted Mildenhall robberies
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A man has been charged in connection with two attempted robberies in Mildenhall.
The incidents took place between 4.10pm and 4.20pm on Wednesday, December 13, in Mill Street and St Andrews Street.
In the incidents at each location, a man made a failed attempt to steal handbags from a 17-year-old girl and a 62-year-old woman, but both times members of the public intervened and the suspect ran off.
During the incident in Mill Street involving the 17-year-old victim, the suspect was holding a hammer.
Police were called and arrested a man in connection with the incidents and he was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
Terry Jones, of Cutters Close, Beck Row, has subsequently been charged with two counts of attempted robbery and possession of an offensive weapon.
He was remanded in custody to appear before Ipswich Magistrates’ Court today.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 5 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 6 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 7 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 8 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete