Beck Row: Police seek van driver in connection with double shooting deaths
POLICE are seeking a van driver in connection with a double shooting after conducting house-to-house inquiries with residents.
The bodies of David Castell, 29, and Shane Hill, 20, both from Southend, were found at the Willow Park travellers’ site in Beck Row on Tuesday, March 15.
Provisional post-mortem examination results showed they both died from gunshot wounds.
When officers arrived at the site after the sound of gunshots had been reported they discovered the body of Mr Castell in a car which had been set on fire while the second man was Mr Hill.
Police have been carrying out stop-checks on vehicles and pedestrians off the A1101 Shippea Hill Road and The Street in Beck Row, speaking to nearly 500 people which they say has helped with inquiries.
You may also want to watch:
And as a result of earlier house-to-house inquiries with residents officers are looking for witnesses who saw or heard a disturbance at Willow Park as well as those who saw a white van drive off at speed along the A1101 The Street towards Mildenhall shortly before 10.30pm on March 15.
Senior Investigating Officer, Det Supt Julian Gregory, said: “At this stage, we don’t know whether the van is linked to the shootings or if it is unrelated so we are looking to trace and identify the driver in order to eliminate them from our investigation.”
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 6 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 9 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 10 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
In relation to the stop-checks, Det Supt Gregory said: “We’re grateful to all those who took time out to speak to us and apologise for any inconvenience we caused by delaying them and others who were in the area.”
Two men, aged 38 and 28 and from the Mildenhall area, are currently on police bail until April and May respectively after having been arrested in connection on suspicion of murder.