Beck Row: Shooting at traveller site
FIVE men are in police custody after a shooting at a traveller site in Beck Row.
Police were called to Willow Park at 7.15pm yesterday to reports a vehicle had been shot at.
No-one was injured.
Later in the evening two men were arrested at Newmarket Police Station on suspicion of conspiracy to murder.
A 42-year-old from London and a 39-year-old from Spain have been taken into custody for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
Three men were also arrested in and around Beck Row.
A 74-year-old from the Mildenhall area was arrested on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 4 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 5 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 6 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
- 7 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 8 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 9 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 10 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'
A 28-year-old and a 38-year-old, both from the Mildenhall area, were arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.
These three men are also in custody where they will be questioned by detectives.
Police will be in the Beck Row area today, carrying out inquiries and supporting the local community.
The people involved in this inquiry are known to each other.