Bikers bring some Christmas cheer to West Suffolk Hospital’s Rainbow Ward
- Credit: Archant
There was festive joy on a children’s ward as bikers came from all over the area to dish out presents.
Bikers from as far away as Southend and Littleport covered the miles to present toys and gifts to children at West Suffolk Hospital, in Bury St Edmunds, on Sunday.
Dawn Dorrington, manager of the Rainbow ward, said: “Our young patients start to get very excited in the build-up to Christmas and really enjoy all of the visits they receive from local groups and clubs.
“The Beck Row Bikers come to the ward every year and their visit is always a huge highlight for our young patients as they count down to the big day itself.
“We really appreciate the fact that the bikers so generously buy presents and then take the time to deliver them personally, and would like to thank them for their continued support.”
You may also want to watch:
The toy run is now in its 12th year.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 6 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury
- 10 WATCH as man calmly rips wooden gate off hinges before walking away