Suffolk shop ditches Black Friday to help give back
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
An independent Suffolk business is encouraging its customers to give back this Black Friday.
Barretts of Woodbridge will be a holding a “Give Back Friday” event instead.
“Not only does it encapsulate the worst side of commerce, but for one day customers are encouraged to literally climb over one another to grab a bargain, with no thought to the relaxed, happy experience good shopping should be,” said a spokesman for the shop.
This year, all non-essential shops will be closed for the big shopping day - leading even more consumers to head online.
Barretts has proposed that 10% of all its online transactions will be donated to the Poppy Appeal, to help give back.
“It really suffered this year as they could not have their usual collection points in town,” said the spokesman.
“Let’s turn this day from being all about greed into giving.”
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 5 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 6 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 7 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 8 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 9 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident
- 10 Aston Villa loanee Louie Barry is the forgotten signing at Ipswich Town... he'll be hoping to get his chance this week