Blaze at Suffolk pub
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a blaze at a Suffolk pub this evening.
CONTAMINATED rags are thought to have spontaneously combusted, causing a fire at an historic Suffolk pub this evening.
The blaze broke out around 6pm in an outbuilding at the White Horse in Sibton.
Fire crews from Halesworth and Saxmundham were sent to the 16th Century Tudor inn, which was left smoke-logged by the blaze.
Steve Mableson, station manager at Lowestoft fire station, said: “I think it was purely down to bad luck. We think the fire was due to contaminated rags. It's quite possible to have oil contaminated rags spontaneously combust.”
You may also want to watch:
The fire left the two-story premises smoked-logged, forcing it to shut for the rest of the evening while the building was ventilated.
The blaze damaged electrics and a tumble dryer, but it was put out within 30 minutes of firefighters being called.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 3 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 4 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 5 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 9 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
No one was hurt during the incident.
Elsewhere firefighters were sent to Landseer Road in Ipswich to put out a bush fire which broke out near the Labour Club just before 7pm today.