Blind runner taster sessions on offer
- Credit: Archant
A taster session for blind people who want to try running takes place next weekend.
The morning, which is open to those with any visual impairment, is being held at the University of Essex Colchester campus.
It will allow people to try guided running, and is suitable for all abilities and fitness levels.
The event is being supported by British Blind Sport and Tiptree Road Runners.
Gary Perryman, one of the event organisers, said: “If you are someone who has run in the past, or looking to find a guide in Essex or south Suffolk area or don’t consider yourself fit or active enough to try out running, please give this event a try – what’s the worst that can happen? You have a good morning out, and confirm to yourself you are not a runner, or you love it and start a new challenge.”
You may also want to watch:
Those interested in taking part or wanting to book a place should contact Mr Perryman at email@example.com or on 07549 191221.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 10 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw