Blood-soaked school invader leaves pupils shocked

Pupils were left shocked and upset after a blood-soaked teenager shouting abuse wandered onto the grounds of their school in Essex.

PUPILS were left shocked and upset after a blood-soaked teenager shouting abuse wandered onto the grounds of their Essex school.

The incident happened at the beginning of the day when the 17-year-old entered Manningtree High School carrying a “bong” smoking device.

The teenager, who had blood pouring from his leg, was shouting wildly and gesticulating as youngsters at the school in Colchester Road were left feeling threatened.

There were also unconfirmed reports that he smeared the blood across his face.

You may also want to watch:

The teenager, understood to be heading to a nearby house, was on site for about 10 minutes as teachers instructed the pupils to get inside the school’s buildings.

Police were called on Wednesday morning and the teenager was arrested.

Most Read

He was later charged with using threatening behaviour and a second of shop-lifting relating to an earlier incident when he stole Battlestar Galatica magazines from the nearby post office in Waldegrave Road.

The Clacton teenager, who cannot be named because of his age, appeared at Colchester Magistrates’ Court yesterday where he pleaded guilty to both charges.

He was granted conditional bail and will appear at Basildon Youth Court next month where he has other matters also being dealt with.

Deborah Hollister, Manningtree High School’s headteacher, said all parents had been texted to inform them of the incident.

She said: “The students behaved exactly as we always advise them to, which is to tell the closest adult immediately. The youngsters then followed our instructions and went into the buildings.

“The young man who trespassed on the school site caused alarm and anxiety to the students who saw him.

“As this incident was at the beginning of the school day at 8.30am, youngsters were arriving through all of our entrances to the site.

“The young man was on the site for about 10 minutes as he made his way across the grounds from one entrance to another on his way to a local address.

“His appearance, his gesticulating and his shouting and yelling were alarming and a few students felt threatened. The young man had left the school site by 8.35am and the police arrived very quickly.”

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus