Woman in ‘serious’ condition and three others taken to hospital after car crash in Blyford.
- Credit: citizenside.com
Four people have been taken to hospital, one in a serious condition, following a serious car crash in Blyford this evening.
A woman was airlifted to hospital with serious injuries and three others taken in for treatment after a two-vehicle crash in Blyford.
The woman is said to be in a ‘serious’ condition after the car accident on the B1123 at around 4.45pm on Thursday evening.
Police, air ambulance, four fire engines and paramedics all attended the scene near Halesworth.
The woman was airlifted to Addenbrookes Hospital by East Anglia Air Ambulance and three other people were taken to James Paget Hospital for treatment in a land ambulance. The road was immediately closed off to traffic.
A spokesman for the East Anglian Air Ambulance said: “We were dispatched at 5.23pm with our helicopter in Cambridge, Anglian 2.”
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said: “The woman is in a serious condition and was airlifted to hospital. “We are asking that anyone who witnessed the collision, please contact Suffolk police on 101, quoting reference 248 and today’s date.
- 1 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 4 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 7 'The bigger picture is the result' - Cook on Crewe win
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Crewe win
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Crewe Alexandra: Celina brilliance just about enough to see Blues home
- 10 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75