Woman in ‘serious’ condition and three others taken to hospital after car crash in Blyford.
- Credit: citizenside.com
Four people have been taken to hospital, one in a serious condition, following a serious car crash in Blyford this evening.
A woman was airlifted to hospital with serious injuries and three others taken in for treatment after a two-vehicle crash in Blyford.
The woman is said to be in a ‘serious’ condition after the car accident on the B1123 at around 4.45pm on Thursday evening.
Police, air ambulance, four fire engines and paramedics all attended the scene near Halesworth.
The woman was airlifted to Addenbrookes Hospital by East Anglia Air Ambulance and three other people were taken to James Paget Hospital for treatment in a land ambulance. The road was immediately closed off to traffic.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the East Anglian Air Ambulance said: “We were dispatched at 5.23pm with our helicopter in Cambridge, Anglian 2.”
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said: “The woman is in a serious condition and was airlifted to hospital. “We are asking that anyone who witnessed the collision, please contact Suffolk police on 101, quoting reference 248 and today’s date.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 6 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 7 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
- 10 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover