Body discovered in fields could be missing man
POLICE officers have today launched an investigation after the body of a man was discovered in fields near to Bury St Edmunds.
Suffolk Police were called at 2.38pm this afternoon by a member of the public reporting that they had found a body in field adjacent to Appledown Drive in the town.
Police officers were in attendance today and the area is being cordoned off while police conduct investigations and recover the body.
A Suffolk police spokeswoman said the body is male and inquiries are in hand to identify the deceased.
Police are looking at the possibility that the body may be that of missing Bury St Edmunds man Shaun Alcock, 38, who went missing from his home in the town on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
The spokeswoman said the death is currently being treated as unexplained but added at this stage there are not thought to be any suspicious circumstances.
A post mortem will be conducted in due course.
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 3 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 4 Married Matt Hancock accused of affair after he is pictured kissing aide
- 5 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 8 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 9 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Judge tells jury majority verdict allowed
Anyone will any information in relation to this incident should contact Suffolk Police on 01473 613500.