Body found in search for missing Leavenheath man Richard Hull
- Credit: SUFFOLK CONSTABULARY
The body of a man found near Leavenheath on Sunday afternoon is believed to be that of missing Richard Hull, police have confirmed.
A large-scale search for the 52-year-old got under way on Sunday with officers being joined by Suffolk Lowland Search and Rescue teams.
Specialist search dogs from the National Search And Rescue Dog Association Anglia were also out looking for him.
Police said the body of a man was later discovered in a wooded area close to the town on Sunday afternoon.
A cordon was put in place and an investigation is continuing into the circumstances leading up to the man’s death.
You may also want to watch:
Formal identification is yet to take place, but a police spokesman said: “The man is believed to be missing person Richard Hull, who was reported missing to police (on) Saturday January 20.”
A file will be prepared for the coroner in due course.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 2 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 5 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 8 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market