Body found in search for missing Suffolk man
- Credit: SUFFOLK CONSTABULARY
Police have confirmed the discovery of a body following the disappearance of a Suffolk man last month.
Adrian Mayes had not been seen since leaving his home address in Red Lodge at about 4pm on September 25.
Police launched an appeal for help from the public to trace the 50-year-old.
His disappearance was described by family members as being out of character - raising serious concern for his welfare.
A missing person appeal said Mr Mayes regularly cycled around the local area, especially between Red Lodge and Mildenhall.
You may also want to watch:
Officers were called at about 3.40pm on Thursday by a member of the public, who discovered a body in woods near to Turnpike Road.
A spokeswoman said police were working to formally identify the body.
- 1 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 2 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 7 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 8 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
"A police cordon is in place and the death is not currently being treated as suspicious," she added.
The family of Adrian Mayes has been informed.