Body identified as missing Suffolk man
A BODY found near to the A143 at Wortham has been confirmed as a missing Suffolk man.
Steven Carter, 45, was reported missing on Thursday.
Police were contacted around 1.35pm yesterday after his body was found hanging from a tree.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Police said: “At this stage there do not appear to be any suspicious circumstances to the death but police are asking anyone who may have seen Mr Carter on his blue Peugeot 206 between the time he was last heart from, around 4.15pm on Thursday, until yesterday.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact the coroners officer at Lowestoft Police Station on 01986 835300.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest into Mr Carter’s death will be held in due course.
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 3 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 4 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
- 9 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Judge tells jury majority verdict allowed