Body of man found in Suffolk field
- Credit: Archant
The body of a man was found in a field near Bury St Edmunds this afternoon, police have confirmed.
Officers were called shortly after 2.50pm following reports that a body of a man had been discovered in a field near Westley.
Emergency services were called to the location but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Road closures were temporarily put in place at the entry to the A14 at Westley while an investigation was carried out.
The death is being treated as unexplained at this time but police do not currently believe there are any suspicious circumstances.
A file will be prepared for the coroner in due course.
- 1 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 2 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 3 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 4 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 5 Driver arrested for being four times over legal limit
- 6 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
- 7 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow
- 8 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 9 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 10 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith