Body of missing Suffolk man found on Sussex beach
- Credit: SUFFOLK POLICE
The body of a missing man from Exning has been found on a beach on the south coast.
Officers from Sussex Police were called on Monday, October 20 following reports that a body had been found on the seashore at Cuckmere Haven, between Eastbourne and Seaford in Sussex.
Following a number of enquiries carried out by both Sussex and Suffolk police, the body, pending formal Coroner’s inquest proceedings, has been provisionally identified as 34-year-old Matthew Bursey from Exning.
Officers are treating the death as unexplained but do not believe there to be any suspicious circumstances at this stage.
A file will be prepared for the coroner in due course.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bursey’s next-of-kin have been informed.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 8 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
- 9 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit