Body thought to be missing pensioner
A BODY discovered in a lake is believed to be that of a Suffolk pensioner who disappeared after going to pick mushrooms.Ivan Wolton, 75, of Purdis Avenue, Purdis Farm, Ipswich, went missing on Sunday while mushroom picking at the heath near Trinity Park - formerly the Suffolk Showground.
A BODY discovered in a lake is believed to be that of a Suffolk pensioner who disappeared after going to pick mushrooms.
Ivan Wolton, 75, of Purdis Avenue, Purdis Farm, Ipswich, went missing on Sunday while mushroom picking at the heath near Trinity Park - formerly the Suffolk Showground.
At 9.30am yesterday a member of the public contacted police to report finding a body in the water at Kirton Hall Lakes, Kirton Road, Bucklesham, near Felixstowe.
Officers and the ambulance service attended the scene shortly after and recovered the body from the water.
You may also want to watch:
It is thought to be that of an older man and, although formal identification is yet to be carried out, a spokeswoman for Suffolk police said it is believed to be Mr Wolton.
There are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death and an inquest will be held in due course.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 3 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 4 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 5 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 6 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 7 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker in Cavendish
- 8 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 9 Karl Fuller: 'We should bottle the feeling of our last five days'
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
Earlier this week officers said they were “gravely” concerned for the welfare of Mr Wolton and scrambled a force helicopter in an effort to find him.
Checks with family and at places of interest also failed to locate him.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said: “Police received a call from a member of the public at 9.30am reporting a body in the water (at Kirton Hall Lakes) - and that it appeared to be an older man.
“Although formal identification has yet to be carried out the body is believed to be that of missing 75-year-old man Ivan Wolton, who went missing from his home in Purdis Farm on Sunday September 17.”