Boiler blows up at bingo hall

IPSWICH: An engineer was injured when a boiler blew up in his face at Gala Bingo this afternoon.

The 20-year-old man was taken to Ipswich Hospital with eye injuries and minor burns after the incident at 2.23pm at the bingo hall in Ranelagh Road.

A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service said the casualty’s injuries were not thought to be life threatening.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus