Bottle attack - two hunted by police
POLICE are hunting two teenagers after a 21-year-old was smashed over the head with a bottle in an unprovoked attack as he ate a kebab in a town park.The victim was sitting in the park area with his girlfriend at the rear of Quendon Place, Haverhill, late on Friday night when he was set upon.
POLICE are hunting two teenagers after a 21-year-old was smashed over the head with a bottle in an unprovoked attack as he ate a kebab in a town park.
The victim was sitting in the park area with his girlfriend at the rear of Quendon Place, Haverhill, late on Friday night when he was set upon.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said the pair were approached by the two men, who began shouting abuse for no apparent reason.
He said the young man walked over to find out what they were shouting about but was struck over the head with a bottle by one of the offenders.
You may also want to watch:
A scuffle broke out and the offenders left the scene but the victim suffered a cut to his head and scratches to his arm. He was treated by ambulance staff but did not need to go to hospital.
Pc Cathy Durling, who is investigating the attack, said: “This appears to be a nasty unprovoked attack. The consequences could have been far worse and the victim was lucky that his injuries were relatively minor.
- 1 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 2 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 7 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 8 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 9 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
“I would like to appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time of the attack, or anyone who has information relating to what happened, to contact the police as a matter of urgency.”
The first man was of slim build, aged between 16 and 17 and wearing a brown or black jumper.
His accomplice was also slim, of around the same age and wearing a white top.
Witnesses are asked to contact police on 01284 774100 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.