Boxer’s title belt goes missing
Norwich boxer legend Jon Thaxton today appealed for the return of his European title belt after it went missing at a tribute event.
The former British and European lightweight champion had just celebrated a 17-year professional career at a testimonial event at the Holiday Inn, Cromer Road, Norwich, when it emerged the belt had gone missing.
The boxer said he was desperate to hear from anyone who might know where the belt had gone and appealed for whoever had taken it to bring it back.
“I am gutted,” he said. “We had a great night at the tribute and then this happens.
“I’ve been boxing for 17 years and this was about celebrating my achievements and then somebody goes and pinches my belt. I can’t believe it. It took me 16 years to earn one of them. There is nothing they can do with it, you have got to earn it and I earned mine the hard way.
You may also want to watch:
“It really is a kick in the teeth. It’s not something you can buy and I took a lot of punches for that.”
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 7 A12 closed as man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 9 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 10 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week