Boxted man jailed for child sex offences
- Credit: Lucy taylor
A Boxted man has been jailed for seven years and 10 months after admitting child sex offences.
Colin Hodgson, 61, of Newman Drive, appeared at Chelmsford Crown Court on Friday, January 5, after pleading guilty to five counts of sexual assault on a child under 13, three counts of causing or inciting a child under 13 to engage in sexual activity and three counts of making indecent images of a child.
On Tuesday, November 7, at 5.55pm, police carried out a warrant at Hodgson’s home after he accessed indecent images on the internet.
Officers seized computers and devices and found images and videos involving under age children.
He was then arrested when a second warrant was executed on Friday, December 1.
He received 42 months in prison for each sexual assault on a child, three six-year and six-month sentences for causing or inciting a child to engage in sexual activity, to run concurrently and two 12-month sentences for the making indecent images, all to run concurrently.
Hodgson, who previously pleaded guilty to the offences on Wednesday, January 3, and has been given an indefinite Sexual Harm Prevention Order, was also given a 16-month sentence for making indecent images, to run consecutively.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins to for Town
- 4 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 5 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 6 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 7 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 8 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
Dc Bethany Beeton, investigating officer, said: “Tens of thousands of images and a number of videos were found on Hodgson’s devices with a large majority of them being category A, the most serious category.
“As the police online investigation team went through each image and video, it became clear Hodgson had photographed himself taking advantage of a child, sexually assaulted them and caused them to engage in sexual activity.
“Hodgson has shown no remorse for his actions and I believe our communities are safer places with him locked in a prison cell.”