Boy, 13, has bike stolen in knife-point robbery
- Credit: Archant
A 13-year-old boy had his bike stolen at knife-point after being approached by a group of masked teenagers in Clacton.
The boy was cycling near the BMX track in Pathfield Park, towards an alleyway leading to Litchfield Close, around 5.10pm Monday, June 22.
He was stopped by a group of five or six older boys – who police believe could have been young men – who showed him the handle of a knife before demanding his bike be handed over.
The suspects all wore black clothes with hooded tops – either tracksuits or a Puffa-style jacket – and had their faces covered.
The person with the knife is said to be 5ft 6in tall and wore a balaclava.
You may also want to watch:
Police are keen to speak to anyone who has been offered a BMX bike for sale, or who has any information regarding the robbery.
Those with information about the incident should call Colchester CID on 101, quoting crime reference 42/90881/20.
Alternatively, Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously on 0800 555111 or via their website.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 5 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 6 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 7 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 10 Over 4,000 people test positive for Covid with cases continuing to rise