Braintree: Arrest made after Panorama programme at Old Deanery Care Home
- Credit: PA
A woman has been arrested in connection with an assault at a care home in Braintree after detectives examined the contents of a BBC Panorama programme.
The documentary highlighted the treatment of residents inside the Old Deanery Care Home.
Essex Police say they were denied an advance viewing of the programme, so were only able to begin an investigation following its nationwide broadcast on Wednesday.
Last night officers arrested a woman in her 40s at her home in Braintree on suspicion of assaulting a resident at the care home.
She was released on police bail until later this month pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Essex Police is keen to hear from anyone who wishes to report any allegations of crime or neglect at the Old Deanery Care Home.
Anyone with information should contact 01245 282103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 4 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 5 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 6 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 9 Restaurant launches giant cheesecake and cookie company
- 10 Town remain in talks with Edwards over new deal