Braintree: Attack outside the Lounge Bar leaves man with broken jaw
- Credit: Archant
An assault in Braintree has left a man in hospital with a broken jaw.
Police officers were called by the ambulance service to Market Place just after 11.45pm last night.
When police arrived the man was unconscious and being treated by paramedics. He was subsequently taken to Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford for further treatment where he has been assessed as having a fractured jaw.
Det Sgt Becky Young, of Braintree CID, said: “The assault took place on the pavement just outside The Lounge bar.
“We are carrying out enquiries to establish the circumstances of what happened and the events that led up to this attack.
You may also want to watch:
“The area currently remains cordoned off while a forensic examination is carried out.
“The suspect is described as a white man, in his 20s, around 6ft 1ins tall and of heavy build. He is thought to have been wearing a short-sleeved polo top.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 9 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
“If anyone knows who this man is, or was in the area at the time that this assault took place, I would urge them to call us.”
Braintree CID can be contacted by calling Essex Police on 101, or people can ring Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.