Braintree: Knife-wielding robbers steal iPhone in street attack
Police are appealing for witnesses to a knifepoint robbery in Braintree.
The incident happened between 5pm and 5.30pm on Thursday on a footpath between Panfield Lane and St Peters Road, when a 55-year-old man from Braintree was approached by two men, one of whom asked him for a cigarette.
They then pulled out a knife and removed the victim’s satchel style bag from his shoulder.
They then searched his jacket and removed his wallet and iPhone 5. They then ran off in the direction of Panfield Lane. The victim was uninjured
The first suspect is described as white, 6ft tall, around 25-years-old and of medium build. He wore a black puffa style coat and dark baseball cap.
You may also want to watch:
The second was shorter at 5ft 5ins tall, also white, around 20-years-old and wore a dark yellow hooded top with the hood up.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at Braintree on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 7 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 8 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 9 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 10 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired