Woman taken to hospital after being injured in pub garden
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been taken to hospital after being hit in the head with a glass bottle in a beer garden and one person has been arrested.
Essex Police were called the to garden area of the Swan Public House in Bank Street, Braintree, at 12.30am today.
A woman had suffered a cut to her forehead after being struck with a glass bottle and the man who attempted to help her also suffered a cut to his hand.
The woman was taken to hospital after the incident and had to receive stitches to her wound.
The victims described the suspect as being 5’8”, of a slim build and wearing a red tracksuit with a dark coloured baseball cap.
You may also want to watch:
A person has now been arrested in connection with the incident and they remain in custody on suspicion of two counts of assault.
Officers believe a number of people witnessed the incident and may have recorded it.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 6 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 7 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 8 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 9 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 10 Town's first game of the season will be all-ticket
Please call Braintree CID on 101 quoting 42/102206/20 or you can report information by visiting www.essex.police.uk.