Brandeston Hall qualify for national finals
- Credit: Archant
BRANDESTON HALL first team secured the East Region IAPS competition at Bishop’s Stortford, recently, to book their place in the national finals, at Millfield School, on Thursday.
Pitted against three other teams, they earned a much-deserved 3-0 win against Greshams, before defeating Holmwood House, 8-0.
Victory against Ashfold would see them top the group and they did just this, booking a quarter-final place with a 3-0 win.
They went on to defeat Ashfold 2-0, to land a place in the semi-final where they defeated Felsted 2-0.
A goal from Archie Winter and a hat-trick from Jolyon Summers saw the boys home with a much deserved 4-2 win against the host team in the final.
You may also want to watch:
Framlingham College Head of Hockey, Jamie Kingstone said, “This is an excellent achievement for a supremely talented group of boys and highlights the strength of hockey at Brandeston Hall. I wish the boys every success at the National finals and am sure they will once again do everyone proud.”
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder