Man warned he faces jail for assault and possessing offensive weapon
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
A man accused of assault and having a hammer in Brandon has been warned he could be jailed when he is sentenced next week.
Gary Ginn, 36, of Short Heath Road, Birmingham, admitted assaulting Simon Rolls, causing him actual bodily harm, and possessing a hammer as an offensive weapon in Bury Road, Brandon, when he appeared at Ipswich Crown Court on Thursday, October 22.
Both offences were committed on June 3, 2018.
Adjourning sentence until October 30, Judge Rupert Overbury said: “It’s going to be extremely difficult to pass anything other than an immediate custodial sentence.“
However, he said he was prepared to adjourn the case to allow information from the probation service to be obtained which might enable him to pass a different sentence.
“I’m not making any promises whatsoever,” said the judge.
- 1 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 4 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK
- 5 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 6 Automatics out-of-reach and making the play-offs a real battle? The size of the task now facing Ipswich
- 7 'You can't kid supporters... we have to give them a lift' - Cook previews Crewe clash
- 8 Willow Tree Farm Shop & Cafe: 'A lovely blend of upmarket and informal'
- 9 Action taken to target second home owners exploiting tax loophole
- 10 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village