Man warned he faces jail for assault and possessing offensive weapon
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
A man accused of assault and having a hammer in Brandon has been warned he could be jailed when he is sentenced next week.
Gary Ginn, 36, of Short Heath Road, Birmingham, admitted assaulting Simon Rolls, causing him actual bodily harm, and possessing a hammer as an offensive weapon in Bury Road, Brandon, when he appeared at Ipswich Crown Court on Thursday, October 22.
Both offences were committed on June 3, 2018.
Adjourning sentence until October 30, Judge Rupert Overbury said: “It’s going to be extremely difficult to pass anything other than an immediate custodial sentence.“
However, he said he was prepared to adjourn the case to allow information from the probation service to be obtained which might enable him to pass a different sentence.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m not making any promises whatsoever,” said the judge.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 6 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 7 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 10 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years