Brandon: Man, 73, found dead at home - Police treating death as unexplained
- Credit: Archant
A 73-year-old man was found dead at his home in a Suffolk town, police have said.
Police are investigating the death of Peter Shea after paramedics discovered his body at his home in Manor House Close, Brandon, at around 11am on Wednesday following a report a man had collapsed.
He was pronounced dead at the scene. His death is being treated as unexplained.
The findings of a post-mortem examination carried out today proved inconclusive and further tests are required before the cause of death can be ascertained, a Suffolk police spokesman said.
As part of on-going enquiries officers are investigating the circumstances surrounding an incident of affray which Mr Shea was involved in at around 5.30pm on Friday, September 27, in the Market Square in Brandon.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Shea was taken to West Suffolk Hospital and treated for a fractured shoulder.
Although a number of witnesses to this incident have been spoken to, police would like to speak to anyone who was in the area and witnessed this incident, which involved Mr Shea and another male.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
- 10 Warnock on Town target Coulson's absence from Middlesbrough squad
Call police on 101 to help.