Brandon SPAR post office to close for ‘modernisation’ works
The branch on High Street will be shut for two weeks and is set for longer opening hours after works.
A Post Office in Brandon is set to close for two weeks of “modernisation” works later this month.
The existing post office, which is in the SPAR store on Brandon High Street, will close on July 18.
The Post Office are hoping to introduce longer opening hours, and a more convenient service, with a new modern layout.
The refurbished branch will reopen again on Friday July 31, at 1pm, with a retail counter offering 53 extra hours of opening a week.
You may also want to watch:
The works will create four modern post office counters, with one screened and two open-plan. These will be open Monday to Saturday from 9am until 5.30pm.
An open-plan retail counter will offer selected services from Monday to Saturday, between 7am and 10pm and on Sunday from 8am until 10pm.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 3 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 4 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 5 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 6 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 8 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 9 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 10 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
The branch will close for refurbishment at 5.30pm on July 18.
Customers are being asked to use alternative branches, which include Mundford Post Office at 62 St Leonards Street, and Town Street Post Office, at 67 Crown Street, in Brandon.
The newly refurbished branch will allow residents to do everything from Post Office Card Account cash withdrawals, car tax renewal, send funds abroad using Moneygram, pay bills, buy holiday money, get insurance, mortgages, savings accounts and top up mobile phones.
As the traditional banking network declines, customers for the majority of UK banks can use their post office for online banking cash deposits, withdrawals and bill payments.
Kevin Shepherd, the Post Office area manager, said: “We know how important Post Office services are to residents in Brandon. We are confident this vibrant modern Post Office, at the heart of the community, will be popular. The modernisation is part of a major government investment programme.”
The move is part of a modernisation programme across the network, designed to make it easier for customers to do business through longer opening hours.