Brantham/Wherstead: Fire crews tackling flaming hay bales
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have tackled blazing hay bales in two separate incidents this evening.
Crews from Ipswich East and Manningtree fire stations were first called to reports of a car fire on the A137 in Brantham at just after 7pm but arrived to find several bales of hay well alight.
They dealt with the blaze and returned to their bases by 8.10pm.
At just before 8pm two crews from Princes Street fire station went to a field near Thorington Hall at Wherstead and arrived to find two tonnes of hay bales well alight.
The fire was left to burn out and the crews headed back to their station.
You may also want to watch:
It is not yet known whether the incidents are connected.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 10 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast