Smash-and-grab burglary in Suffolk village
- Credit: Archant
Jewellery and cash were snatched from a home as burglars smashed their way into a property.
Police are appealing for witnesses after the burglary in Fornham St Martin, a village just outside Bury St Edmunds.
The incident occurred between 11.30am on Thursday, December 6 and 11.45am on Saturday, December 8, at an address in Birkdale Court.
The glass in a rear patio door was smashed to gain entry and once inside, an unknown number of offenders stole cash and jewellery from the property.
Anyone who witnessed any suspicious activity in the area, or who has any information about this crime, is asked to contact West CID at Bury St Edmunds Police Station on 101 quoting reference 70948/18.
You may also want to watch:
They can also contact the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 5 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 7 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk