Win a combine harvester ride and ventriloquism lessons at this quirky auction
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A ride on a combine harvester and a ventriloquist lesson are up for grabs at a charity auction aiming to raise money for the renovation of a church roof.
Members of Brettenham parish are holding the auction in a bid to raise money for improvements to their church tower’s roof which is in urgent need of repair.
The auction, which will end on Sunday, features 24 lots of interesting lots with all of the profits going towards the project.
Alongside the combine harvester ride is a sailing trip on the river Cam, a haunch of venison, a day out at Go Ape and a trip out with Rattlesden Gliding Club.
Chris Clarke, chair of the Brettenham Parish Council, said: “Despite the lockdown restrictions this year, our church has remained a constant support to us all, albeit online for much of the time.
You may also want to watch:
“Rev Tiffer Robinson and his team have made a tremendous effort not just with services online but coffee mornings, quiz nights and family activities.
“In fact, our residents have become very tech savvy of late so it seemed appropriate to host our first online auction in the lead up to Christmas.”
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 5 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 6 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 7 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 8 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 9 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 10 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
All bids have to be emailed here before midnight on Sunday, December 6. Lots can be viewed here.