Brewery signs up rugby star
ENGLAND rugby captain and World Cup winner Lawrence Dallaglio has scored a new deal with a Suffolk brewery.The Bury St Edmunds-based Greene King Brewing Company has signed the national team's skipper to appear in advertisements for its premium cask beer, Abbot Ale, during the Six Nations competition.
ENGLAND rugby captain and World Cup winner Lawrence Dallaglio has scored a new deal with a Suffolk brewery.
The Bury St Edmunds-based Greene King Brewing Company has signed the national team's skipper to appear in advertisements for its premium cask beer, Abbot Ale, during the Six Nations competition.
The London Wasps back-row forward, who took charge of the Six Nations opener in Rome on February 15, will become the face of Abbot throughout the competition, which ends on March 27 when England play France.
Abbot Ale, for which previous advertising campaigns have included a woman laying in a seductive state on a bed, already sponsors Wasps which is the team Dallaglio has played for since he was a teenager.
You may also want to watch:
Rooney Anand, managing director of the Greene King Brewing Company, said: "We are delighted to be associated with such a prominent and respected figure as Lawrence Dallaglio.
"He has exactly the right profile and one that matches Abbot Ale in quality, strength and commitment, and since taking over as the England captain he has become even hotter property."
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 7 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
Dallaglio was on the pitch for every minute of every game during England's victorious Rugby World Cup campaign in Australia,
He first captained England in 1997, before handing over the skipper's armband to Martin Johnson. Dallaglio, who was born to an Italian father and could have played for Italy, recently regained the mantle after Johnson's retirement.